Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Social networks

Ok I must admit that I have been using Facebook, it's kind of fun and I use it to keep in contact with friends who live a fair distance away from me.
I would like to see this working in an Australian library. I think the social networking sites like facebook and myspace are primarily used by teenagers and Australian libraries really don't seem to be working very hard to get the teenagers back into the library, and I completely understand why, they have their own libraries at school so why do they need another one? I guess what I'm saying is, I see the appeal of social networking sites but I can't see them being successfully used by public libraries yet.

On the whole I've really enjoyed the journey, obviously some weeks were more interesting/fun than others but such is life, lol!

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Congratulations on completing the course.

Ellen (PLS)